Think Puzzles and Think Cool Math
Here are some essays illustrating astounding tidbits of mathematical delight. And here are some purely visual puzzles to surprise.
The true joy in mathematics, the true hook that compels mathematicians to devote their careers to the subject, comes from a sense of boundless wonder induced by the subject. There is transcendental beauty, there are deep and intriguing connections, there are surprises and rewards, and there is play and creativity. Mathematics has very little to do with crunching numbers. Mathematics is a landscape of ideas and wonders.
Here are some jewels for you to behold ...
- Freaky Fixed Points
- Helpful Home Hints from a Math Guy
- Dr Hacker / Dr Tanton Debate: May 10, 2016
- The call to “GO BACK TO BASICS”
- MoMath MOVES 2015 and MATHFEST 2015
- WITHOUT WORDS and MORE WITHOUT WORDS solutions
- Wrapping-Paper Slicing
- Impossible Braids!
- JMM 2014 Weird Ways to Work with Pi Workshop
- Integer Triangles